Spent most of my last Friday and the weekend on bed. The changing Bangalore weather had its effect on me and I caught cough and cold. On Friday, I was in office for just 3 hours, went home and slept most of the day. But soon got bored so, bought some movie CD’s to watch while I was restricted to bed. ‘Conspiracy theory‘ (Mel Gibson and the Julia Roberts) and Tom Hanks’ animated Christmas movie ‘Polar Express’ were the ones that I watched. Also read the second book by Chetan Bhagat, ‘One Night @ Call Center’.
On Friday and throughout weekend I got so many advices from my well-wishers on what to eat, what not to eat, which medicine to take and which is a good doctor around etc. Some people went a step ahead and tried to analyze what could be the reason for my catching cough and cold. The reasons they came up with include
- Working late nights and coming out of AC at night when it’s too cold outside.
- Eating lot of curd.
- Changing weather of Bangalore.
- Proximity of someone who has cold, and got virus from him.
- Lack of proper / regular eating habit.
- Having my cubical right below the AC duct.
…and among the advices that I got, most common ones are
- Take a Paracitamole.
- Take some B-Complex (on asking about the name, no one was sure which is the right one, but they were sure, I should take some B-Complex)
- See a doctor.
Anyway this is Monday afternoon and I am fit-to-fight. Thanks everyone for being so nice and caring.